Thank you for your interest in the Chancellor’s Commission on the Status of Women. The CCSW exists to enhance the status of all women at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. The Commission advises the Chancellor on issues pertaining to gender equity and on specific concerns of women faculty, staff, and students at the university.
Responsibilities of the Commission
- To advise the Chancellor on University matters and policies relating to women and on such other matters as may be appropriate.
- To advise such other members of the campus administration as the Chancellor deems appropriate.
- To suggest to the Chancellor issues relating to women that should be part of the campus administrative agenda.
- To communicate to the Chancellor the perspectives of women on University policies and decisions.
- To assist the Chancellor in addressing issues related to women.
Responsibilities of Commission Members
- Attend Commission meetings each month.
- Participation and support for Commission activities, projects, and programming.
- A willingness to promote Commission goals and objectives.
- Time commitments may vary, but members should anticipate dedicating 2-4 hours per month to Commission activities.
Candidates will be interviewed by a panel that includes at least two current student members.